Friday, January 27, 2006

Turk-A-Buster

You may or may not be able to count on your friendly neighborhood democrats to block by filibuster Tuesday's impending vote to confirm Samuel "The Greasy Gavel" Alito as the nation's 110th Supreme Court Justice and World's Greatest Uncle...but you can count on my favorite radio personalities The Young Turks to generate some much-needed attention with their ongoing "Filibuster For the Filibuster."

The Young Turks (Cenk Uygur, Ben Mankiewicz and Jill Pike) are staging a continuous marathon of activism this weekend and broadcasting the whole thing live on their website. I'd be watching it this minute, except that my computer at home has an attitude problem when it comes to streaming video...and as fun as it was watching them on the office computer this evening, it wasn't enough to keep me at work past my already late 9:45 punch-out time. Some supporter I am, huh?

Anyway, tune in if you want to see some very dedicated (and very groggy-looking) people putting their health on the line for the sake of political awareness.

No comments: