Friday, December 23, 2005

The Way of the Shuffle

My blog posts have gotten thin of late. Between work, kanji study, swimming, the War on Christmas and Soul Caliber 3, I've been finding it harder and harder to find time to "tickle the ivories." (Note to PETA: My computer keyboard is not actually made of ivory. Please stop calling.) But a little glance at the upper-right corner of my computer monitor reveals that it's now 12:30 Friday morning, which means I can do my third weekly iPod random top ten list.

By the way, C.I.C. nods knowingly and approvingly to distinguished Blogger.com alumnus Bent Corner, the newest initiate to the Way of the Shuffle (or, shaffuru-do.)

Just kidding, I made up the word shaffuru-do. Now, on to the list!

1. Yamaoka Akira / "Lost Carol" (from Silent Hill 3)
2. Pet Shop Boys / "Up Against It"
3. Asian Kung-Fu Generation / "My World"
4. Semisonic / "Gone to the Movies"
5. Idlewild / "Out of Routine"
6. Ivy / "The Best Thing"
7. Niinuma Kenji / "The Moon and the Prince" (from Katamari Damashii)
8. L'Arc~En~Ciel / "It's the End"
9. R.E.M. / "Orange Crush"
10. Beck / "8.6.82"

Congratulations to Beck, who made number 10 twice in a row, against all odds. If he does it a third time, I'll have to throw salt on my laptop and knock on wood while licking a bible. Which means I'll have to buy a bible. What a hassle. Thanks a lot, Beck.

No comments: