Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Soundtrack September: Actraiser 2

Game: Actraiser 2 (1993)
Platform: SNES/Super Famicom
Composer: Koshiro Yūzō


Unlike most of the games I recognize as part of Soundtrack September, I know very little about Actraiser 2. I've played it, but that's about all I can say. If I'm to believe the box, it was 100% pure action and excitement. It probably was, but it was also punishingly difficult, so I only ever saw one or two stages. But on the strength of the overworld theme alone (and the fact that this soundtrack is credited to the super-prolific Koshiro Yūzō), I can say with confidence that it's a great soundtrack of the era and a very competent 16-bit emulation of orchestral instrumentation.

I don't know much about the game's plot, but the music seems very appropriate in light of the fact that the main character looks like Seraphim-Fabio-Thor. He goes around...I don't know. Raising acts, I suppose.

No comments: