Monday, July 11, 2005

Let's Learn Japanese: Saikou

Saikou (n.) The coolest.
Daasu Veidaa ga...joushikousei to isshoni keitai wo miteru ka yo? Saikou!

Friday night after work I snapped this shot of an AU ad board in Ginza Station, in which Darth Vader bonds with a couple of high school girls over their super-cool cellphones. This is the coolest ad ever, despite Vader's comically short, little legs.

Speaking of the Dark Lord of the Sith, Episode III opened in Tokyo on Saturday and I still haven't seen it. Girlfriend wants to see I and II again before attempting to digest the plot of III. Apparently, hers is the plight of girlfriends all over Setagaya because we haven't been able to find a copy of either of those movies available for rent. So until that's taken care of I can't watch Episode III and I have no choice but to assume that Anakin Skywalker's transformation into Darth Vader is the result of an unforgettable summer of fun at Youth Evil Camp.

No comments: