Sunday, February 27, 2005

YakiUFOHairChips

Shimokitazawa, my beloved stomping ground, is home to a yakitori restaurant that serves rather stiff lemon sours. Last night we each ordered one with our dinner, but Girlfriend took one drink of hers and decided she didn't like it, so she gave it to me. Two stiff lemon sours later, I became capable of taking god-awful photos of myself like the one seen in Figure A.

After dinner, Girlfriend and I made a routine stop at Golden, a video arcade and UFO catcher haven that usually has good prizes (like Ogura Yuuko idol DVDs and toasters in the shape of Mickey Mouse's head), but on this occasion they didn't have much. Instead, we spent our hard-earned 100 yen coins on the print club machine. Figure B: Girlfriend smiles next to some marginally cute bears.

And, lest we forget, next door to the stiff lemon sour yakitoriyasan is a new hair salon with the cryptic moniker Axe Pure: Hair Chips (Figure C). I don't know what "hair chips" are, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to eat them.

No comments: