Monday, January 01, 2018

Month of HZD: Day one

Happy New Year!

The on-again-off-again affair that is Chorus, Isolate, Confirm's written component is getting 2018 off to a running start with another Month of Screenshots. But this time I'll only be posting images generated in the photo mode of my favorite game of 2017, Horizon Zero Dawn.

Month of HZD, if you please.

This open-world hunting adventure title has the distinction of being the first game in decades to hold my attention long enough for me to entertain the possibility of "hundred percenting" it – obtaining every achievement/trophy the game has to offer, something I don't think I've done since the advent of achievements/trophies. And since the game regularly surrounds the protagonist (Aloy, a highly-skilled warrior who makes wry and slightly annoying comments under her breath while she gathers medicinal herbs) with all manner of natural splendor, the built-in photo mode is one of its best features.

I'll begin the Month of HZD with this image of Aloy on a snowy mountain. Judging from the wintery scene, you might think Aloy climbed this mountain to catch a glimpse of the first sunrise on January 1. But after the machine apocalypse that has birthed the game's setting, I'm not sure dates and calendars continued to be a high priority.


No comments: