Sunday, January 17, 2016

Tech support

I'm in the process of redesigning this blog's color scheme, as you will have noticed from the sudden photo-negative effect that has taken hold around here. Unfortunately, what should have been a relatively easy conversion has been stalled by an apparent change to Blogger.com's image uploading protocols. When I upload my new white version of the titlebar, which is quite dapper if I do say so myself, it gets compressed very badly.

Does anyone know how to correct this? I've tried uploading the image at smaller sizes, in different formats, and even with a simplified color pallet. Nothing works. Every time I end up with an ugly, fuzzy JPEG.

If you can help me with this, I'd be so very appreciative.

UPDATE:

I seem to have it under control. But what a pain in the face.

Please let me know what you think about the new style. I'm told that dark text on light background is easier on the eyes than the white-on-black theme I was using before, but I have to balance that advice against the fact that the person who gave it to me may have had no idea what he was talking about.

No comments: