Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Comments Moderation

Perhaps inevitably, it has become apparent that I must be vigilant about who is and isn't allowed to comment on my blog. After about one instance per week of someone posting spam ads (always consisting of a nonsense English sentence, followed by a series of about twenty links to various Chinese-language websites), it seems like it has become a necessity. So from now on, everyone who comments will have to sign in, and all comments will be moderated before they appear online.

1 comment:

Rick Rottman said...

I've had to sadly do the same on my blog. I was getting about 6 or 10 spam comments a day. I changed the settings to hold a comment unless it's from someone who has left a comment before. People who have left comments before get automatically approved and their comment will appear immediately.