Thursday, June 14, 2007

New! Toothpaste Pepsi

Two days ago, Pepsi (via Japan bottler Suntory Beverage) released something called Pepsi Ice Cucumber. Japanese retail locations are throwing a spotlight on this ill-looking, vaguely minty green soft drink which, in my opinion, tastes a lot like toothpaste.

When I bought a bottle of the sea-green tonic at the 7-Eleven near my apartment today, I asked the cashier if the stuff was selling well. He said it was, despite the fact that the shelf from which I took the bottle was perfectly stocked without a single empty spot. Based on the recommendation of a co-worker who tried Pepsi Ice Cucumber before I did and suffered subsequent stomach discomfort, I took a single drink from the bottle and then put the rest in the refrigerator. The bottle is likely to stay there until the stuff ferments and becomes Pepsi Sea Foam Green Moonshine.

Technorati: Pepsi Ice Cucumber

No comments: