Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Let's Learn Japanese: Miteeeh

Miteeeh (colloq.) Dude I wanna see that!
Megumi ga, konya no Trivia no Izumi ni deru yo. Kono bangumi miteeeh!

Today Square-Enix released Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. It's a veritable nerd care package containing plastic figures, a Village People-looking hat and, best of all, the direct-to-DVD CGI movie of the same name. For the past few months, patrons of Bic Camera in Shinjuku have been teased with trailers of the movie, which looks to be 100 times cooler than all the FF games since Final Fantasy VIII combined. And I'm not just saying that because FF7 was the last one I had the gumption to finish. Maybe it was the superior character design of FF7 that pulled me through all those random battles and failed assaults on Emerald Weapon. Or maybe it was just the undying hope in the back of my mind that there would be a Tifa Lockheart shower scene in there somewhere. (Lots of fans cried when Aeris died, but I yelled, "You sicko!" at the screen when Sephiroth knocked Tifa down the stairs. That's how I roll.)

In similarly dorky news, this weekend is the Tokyo Game Show. I'll be there, taking pictures of booth girls and grabbing as much free junk as possible.

No comments: