Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Soundtrack September: Chrono Trigger

Game: Chrono Trigger (1995)
Platform: SNES / Super Famicom
Composers: Mitsuda Yasunori et al




This game came out when I was in high school. During that era, I played every Squaresoft RPG I could get my hands on, usually naming female characters in my party after girls from school I liked. Especially when they were blonde.

I really wish I hadn't told you that just now.

Mainly because of the game's turn-based battle system, I haven't had the patience to revisit it since the first time I played through it. I have, however, come back to its soundtrack again and again. Musical intelligence that was missing from Final Fantasy VI's soundtrack is made up for here.

(Yes, I know that Uematsu Nobuo contributed a number of tracks to this album. Yes, I still think most of his work is overrated.)





No comments: